How you can help


To report suspicions of child abuse or neglect in
Portage County call: 330-296-CARE (2273).

Educate Yourself and Others

When a child asks for help:

Believe the child.
Tell the child it is not his/her fault.
Don't question the child yourself. This may further traumatize the child and jeopardize the investigation. Report your suspicions by calling 330-296-2273.

Participate in the Center's Prevention Activities


The Children's Advocacy Center of Portage County, Inc., is a 501(C) (3) tax-exempt non-profit organization. The program depends on multiple grants, donations, and fundraisers to continue and expand its services for children and the community.

“I wanted to take this time to thank you for everything you have done for me and my family. I have gone through a lot in my life, and I really appreciate what you have done to calm my life down.”